Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ghana Investors Advisory Council

Some years ago I was working from Ghana. I was stationed there for a few years to develop sustainable trade between suppliers in Africa and our operating companies in Europe. And that worked. One of my duties was to represent Ahold in the Ghana Investors Advisory Council (GIAC). I loved those meetings. His Excellency the president of Ghana John Agyekum Kuofor was presiding over those meetings and still hear him asking: "Please gentlemen (because we were...), be brutally honest with me." He know how to learn. He listened, he observed. "Roland, you are so silent today, what is on your mind?" I miss those meetings. I miss Ghana. But I sure know that that country is one the most promising countries of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment